WELI has the following advantages compared to other leadership programs:
- Expertise within the specific field of pediatric anesthesiology that is targeted towards women.
- One-on-one advisor/protégé relationships based on similar areas of interest for a minimum of one year.
- Workshops provided in conjunction with SPA meetings.
- Participation in WELI provided at a competitive fee.
- Opportunities to connect and network with women anesthesiologists throughout the country.
WELI Membership Types
The two groups that WELI plans to serve are protégés and advisors.
protégés are women in SPA that have been nominated by their Chief/Chair based on their strong work ethic and demonstrable history of productivity. The protégé must also have realistic potential to pursue and achieve promotion and/or leadership positions in pediatric anesthesiology, including areas of clinical excellence, administration, research, education, and other career areas.
A WELI advisor is an individual who has achieved a leadership position(s) and has a history of successful mentoring in their area of interest/expertise. Specific skill sets, interests, and areas of expertise will vary among advisors, as will the goals of the protégés within the program. WELI is pairing advisors and protégés who are in similar career paths. Importantly, we will also work to help establish advisor/protégé relationships in which the advisor’s strengths best match the protégé’s career development goals. advisors are volunteering their time, and each advisor is committed to assisting productive women achieve promotion and leadership.